Female Genital System Pathology
Main entities of the female genital system pathology :
- in vagina : benign epithelial tumors (papilloma or condilloma acuminate)
- in cervix uteri : inflammatory lesions (chronic cervicitis), dysplasia (CIN grades I, II or III) and malignant tumors (squamous cell carcinoma).
- in corpus uteri : endometritis, endometrial hyperplasia, benign epithelial (endometrial polyp) and conjunctive (leiomyoma) tumors, and malignant tumors (endometrial carcinoma).
- in fallopian tubes : inflammatory lesions (acute and chronic salpingitis)
- in ovary : cysts and ovarian tumors.
The most frequent diseases of pregnancy are : ectopic pregnancy, abortion, trophoblastic (placental) tumors (hydatiform mole, invasive mole and gestational choriocarcinoma).